The annual Libra season is typically a time for gallery openings and banter between acquaintances and other, sundry social events. This year these come with an addition of a primal beat thrumming forcefully in the background of cocktail, or matcha, — depending on your people — sips, and that is Mars conjunct Pluto at 15 degrees Capricorn.
This is an alignment of a straight line from the point of earth, that from our sightline appears to merge Mars and Pluto. Astrologically, their energies are combined. Astrologically, that alignment is a reflection of forces happening concurrently elsewhere in the Universe, namely, here on earth, namely, the increase in velocity of the blood flowing through our veins (I’m saying figuratively). Almost like that blood has somewhere to go and it is purposefully winding through all those channels, curves, openings and closings in lane space.
Mars conjunct Pluto is a force. I mean, it’s a force. It is steamroller energy. This is an alignment that happens once every two years for as long as Pluto is in Capricorn. Mars is especially effective in Capricorn and it has been getting increasingly dosed with vials of primal life force for the past few weeks as it has approached Pluto.
With Mars conjunct Pluto we can expect:
- Powerful forces coming together
- A consequential demonstration of strength
- Powerfully moving forward in a material way
- Volume turned up on ambition
- Volume turned up on execution
- Aiming high because this is mountain land
- An excellent nose for planning
- An eye for long term strategy
- An eye for longevity and legacy
- Indomitable Will
- Single pointed focus
- The physical thrill that arises from accomplishment
- Competition or collaboration and the fuzzy power lines between the two (and how nothing is ever black and white)
- Black and white – either it’s done or it’s not “Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more.” – E. H. Harriman
- Strength derived from status
- The spiritual meaning behind worldly actions
- The death drive fueling accomplishment; the sex drive fueling accomplishment
- Mob bosses and mafia mentality
- Institutional intimidation
- The collective economic system meets the personal economic system
- Strength and positive news around money or material advancement
Astrologically Mars is only exalted, incredibly effective, in Capricorn. With this meeting with Pluto it is half way through its journey through the sign. Make the most of its time through the other half. Mars will now be moving into a square alignment with Uranus over the coming week; watch for volatility, haste, and imprudence in action. However if the desire and will are aligned, a sudden opportunity for advancement could present itself. If so, act with all the cultivated restraint and strength of vision of Mars in Capricorn.